Certified Maintenance Professional (CMP)
American Heritage Restoration is a GAF Certified Maintenance Professional (CMP.) With this certification, American Heritage Restoration is able to set up a maintenance plan for your new GAF commercial roof and No Dollar Limit (NDL) Warranty. The purpose of CMP contractors is to ensure the installed roof is taken care of properly and its life is extended. A CMP contractor registers a GAF NDL warranty and then creates a plan for the roof with the property owner. Every property is inspected annually. Additional inspections can be scheduled if needed. This holds both AHR and GAF accountable for making sure the roof is being maintained properly.
Another advantage of a CMP contractor is that a GAF Well Roof© Guarantee extension can be included on the previously registered NDL warranty. This extends the original warranty life by 25% and requires at least one annual extensive inspection.
Reasons to get the extension:
- Proactive maintenance can save you thousands of dollars, as opposed to reactive maintenance, that could COST you thousands of dollars.
For example, if you have a 100,000 Sq. Ft. roof and a leak that was unnoticed, it could cost $15,000. ($0.15 per ft./year)
However, if you have a proactive contractor that notices the leak, it may only cost $4,000. ($0.04 per ft./year)
- Over 80% of roofs are replaced prematurely.
- Roof maintenance programs are tax deductible. For a new roof, capital expenses for roofing assets are amortized (gradually write-off the initial cost of an asset) over 39 years. For roof maintenance, expenditures for the repair of business property are deductible expenses, which may be written off in the current year.
- NDL Warranties do not cover maintenance.
- American Heritage Restoration offers 2 years of FREE maintenance when the extension is put in place.